If you receive this“Root element is missing.” error message in your Outlook, you can do the following to fix it:
1) Verify that the “Exception Message” is “Root element is missing.”:
2) Look at “Application Domain” and navigate to the folder path before the “Apps” folder. In this case, the path we need to go to is “C:\Users\Johnny\AppData\Local\”
3) You should see a folder named “My ClickOnce Applications” - open the file.
4) You should see a file named “products.xml” (or just “products” if file extensions are hidden) - delete the file.
5) From the Start Menu, start typing “ToutApp” and the shortcut to the ToutApp plugin registration should appear - run this program.
6) You should see a confirmation that the ToutApp plugin registration succeeded.
If you DO NOT see this confirmation, please reach out to our Happiness Team here.